Monday, August 2, 2010

It all starts with hot chocolate...

Welcome to my blog everybody! I hope this blog will open a window to show you what a kid's way of life is like in Oakland these days. Today I will tell you about hot chocolate because it is close to my heart and is super delicious. My experiences with hot chocolate usually start at Starbucks or Pete's. When I go to Lakeshore at night with my family, I often go to one of those popular places. But, from my perspective, the best hot chocolate experience is at L'Amyx on Lakeshore. The hot chocolate is nice and creamy with bittersweet chocolate. One of my favorite makers of this exquisite drink is Albert. He has bright orange hair and a beard that reminds me a little bit of Albus Dumbledore. (In fact, I think we should call him "Albert Dumbledore.") There is one other thing I really like about L'Amyx. They are always happy to give me a piece of paper when I ask, and they usually hang my creations up on their refrigerator, and that makes me feel good.

That said, my very favorite hot chocolate is the one I drink at home, when there is whipped cream and marshmallows in it, and we are all sitting by the fire in cold winter.

I hope you enjoyed this entry. Please join me next week to hear about summer camp. Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. His beard may be Dumbledore like, but the orange hair channels Ronald Weasley.

    Winky, you'll have to update your post to include an evaluation of the hot chocolate from Bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to hear what will come next in your culinary adventures!

    ReplyDelete